<$BlogRSDUrl$>
.............................
Straight Angle™: Women in Tamil Newspapers
Sunday, September 26, 2004

Women in Tamil Newspapers 

Women in Tamil Newspapers -I was browsing through the pages when I came across this article...This is very sad and demeaning indeed....I didn't expect Dinamalar to stoop to this level..as my last posts testify, I had grown reading it...But if Dinamalar can use this sort of derogatory language, it is very unfortunate and it had to be condemned in the strongest possible way....The mere allegation that one has done something wrong doesn't make her a criminal and this sort of character assassination is worst reporting and this don't go with the image I would get when I read certain newspaper....In my opinion it started with DinaThanthi....It started the verbiage of Azaghi....meaning Prostitute...after this that beautiful word has got a different connotation itself....I had always thought it is only Dhinathanthi that does this...if this cancer is spreading to other newspaper also, it has to be nipped in the bud...can someone file a suit against derogatory language being used in newspaper...can courts be invoked to stop this kind of language?I think this sort of sensational reporting is not restricted to Tamil newspaper only...even in English newspaper....for example...Times of India had long ago went into the category of Tabloid in my mind..what with their front page "beautifying" attempts...but the problem is that they seldom provide any news...it is mostly gossip...I have a single consolation in this...atleast The Hindu isnt that bad...I may have idealogical differences with The Hindu..but I can proudly and boldly say Hindu provides me with News...not gossip...My neighbour used to joke about Hindu....
"Other papers report that a person is dead- when his neighbours say so, The Hindu reports it when the Vetiyan(Sorry...I dont know the English equivalent of the word) says..."
Iam digressing off..but the fact remains that this is happening and we need to do something...what can be done?....
Will letters to the editor help in these cases...or will creating awareness among people will do this?...but how to create awareness?...then too we need a media...what can be done?....I think we need to involve Women Rights Group in this to make an impact......this would be one possible solution....but this has to start from the Local level and the best way of opposing is Boycotting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Jus beenFree Counters visits
Free Counter

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

© All that is written here are the Genuine Products of the Intellect of the author and are protected by the relevant copyright acts...If you wish to quote the highness you can do so at your own risk and at risk to the integrity of the author's cerebrum.

Disclaimer:
All that is written in this blog are the personal opinions of the author and are in no way representative of the organisation that the author has worked for or is working for or would be working for in the future.

Get Firefox!

:: Adam Smith's Controlled Greed ::



Swarnasrikrishnan/Male/28. Lives in India/Tamilnadu/Chennai, speaks Tamil, English, 

Malayalam, German, Hindi(??). Eye color is black. I am a god. I am also optimistic.
It's me machan:

Swarnasrikrishnan, Male, 28, India, Tamilnadu, Chennai, Tamil, English, Malayalam, German, Hindi(??)


::New Craze::


::Visual Treat ::
:: Paths Last Taken ::
::Partners in Wandering::


:: Strangers in Wandering ::


::Wanderers Stumbled Upon::


::Wanderers for India::


::Corporate Wanderers::


:: Traces left behind ::

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005