<$BlogRSDUrl$>
.............................
Straight Angle™
Sunday, September 05, 2004
After a long time(!!!) (exactly two days) I am comig to the blogdom. Though in real sense it doesnt make a great difference, I found it to be a long time as I was constantly remainded of me not blogging. I tried to get the posts across mail but then I didnt get time to sit down and write some thing. But that things apart, I have got some interesting things to share.
1. There was a speech by Mr. Sauvik Chakraverti on Liberal- Political Economy. It was a refreshing speech but I found it difficult to agree with some of his prescriptions...
Ex:
  • Decrease spend on Education and Health. India doesnt need such spend right now...As and when India develops economically, then these can be taken care of.
  • Open up boundries uni-laterally.
  • Promote Free-Trade...Dont worry about the billions of subsidiary that American Farmers get...Just make your farmers produce better by opening up unilaterally.
  • Dont worry about Village development. Just concentrate on improving the amenities of the cities.

I dont understand how these things can be done... Why dont you provide all the amenities in the villages itself and make the villages a town or a city?. Why should you encourage people to migrate to cities and strain the already virtual facilities in the cities?

When I googled for his name - know what came first?....Check this out... Would this be true?. How can a person of such a stature be like this?. Now Iam even more confused... Should I take this guy's speech seriously and think over it or should I just ignore him...But would it be correct to ignore a person just because he has done some thing which I cannot prove?. What if he hadnt done these things...then I will be loosing out something..Isnt it? What if I take him serious...What can I do...The best I can do is to change my Idealogy...What is the use of it?Nothing great.....so it is as good as ignoring....when given two equally useless choices....what difference would it make to pursue a choice of one's interest? Iam not a liberal- as he would call it...but I can agree with many of his arguments....but not all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Jus beenFree Counters visits
Free Counter

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

© All that is written here are the Genuine Products of the Intellect of the author and are protected by the relevant copyright acts...If you wish to quote the highness you can do so at your own risk and at risk to the integrity of the author's cerebrum.

Disclaimer:
All that is written in this blog are the personal opinions of the author and are in no way representative of the organisation that the author has worked for or is working for or would be working for in the future.

Get Firefox!

:: Adam Smith's Controlled Greed ::



Swarnasrikrishnan/Male/28. Lives in India/Tamilnadu/Chennai, speaks Tamil, English, 

Malayalam, German, Hindi(??). Eye color is black. I am a god. I am also optimistic.
It's me machan:

Swarnasrikrishnan, Male, 28, India, Tamilnadu, Chennai, Tamil, English, Malayalam, German, Hindi(??)


::New Craze::


::Visual Treat ::
:: Paths Last Taken ::
::Partners in Wandering::


:: Strangers in Wandering ::


::Wanderers Stumbled Upon::


::Wanderers for India::


::Corporate Wanderers::


:: Traces left behind ::

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005