<$BlogRSDUrl$>
.............................
Straight Angle™: Thought for the day!!!
Saturday, September 11, 2004

Thought for the day!!! 

Amma had called yesterday.She was telling how the Pavazhamalli has started flowering. I planted it, when we came to the new house. I am simply crazy (this is a bit heavy word, but still I am unable to find a better one) over that flower, its shape, it s color, fragrance...everything. Its pure unblemished white color with a saffronish steam is unique and the softness of its petals are incomparable. There are references in out epics too-it was called "Paarijatham" -remember the flower for which Dhrowpathi sends Bheema to Indraloaka...The flower has a peculiarity of flowering in the evening or Nightfall, when the moon raises. The fragrance it sprays in the cool breeze is irresistible. I have planted it in the front courtyard of our house and to just sit there in a folding chair (easy chair as it is called) in an evening enjoying the scent of the flower along with a Bharathi or Thiruvika would be next best thing to Heaven..That would enchant me beyond words...I have always dreamt of such an experience...but to my disappointment, the first 4 or 5 saplings never saw the light of the day. Frustrated, I planted the current one with a faint hope...But it survived...started budding growing.. it grew to around 5 -6 feet and then there was a heavy pest infestation...but by that time I have come outta my house for my engineering...but all these time it never flowered...There was no fragrance....not even a single flower...even when I was doing my engineering, I never failed to nurture it whenever I come home for vacations..Whenever I called home Pavazhamalli never forgot a mention...but always a negative one...it has not flowered...I lost hope but never the faith...
Yesterday when she called I could sense something different in her voice. There was a tinge of excitement in her voice. After the initial ju-ju talk, the first news she spoke was this. It has started flowering and flowers in bunches. I was pleasantly surprised...
But in retrospect, it seems I have always got what I yearn for only after my yearning has died down..I had rarely enjoyed the momentary bliss u get when U get what u want when u want it...It had mostly been an after thought achievement of a helpless person...I might be wrong..but this is what I feel...this would only be a momentary thought but then I have seen it happen time and again...when I detach myself from my desires, they just fall onto my lap. This has happened many times- be it the first job or the Scholarships or the Summers. I dont know what to infer from this....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Jus beenFree Counters visits
Free Counter

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

© All that is written here are the Genuine Products of the Intellect of the author and are protected by the relevant copyright acts...If you wish to quote the highness you can do so at your own risk and at risk to the integrity of the author's cerebrum.

Disclaimer:
All that is written in this blog are the personal opinions of the author and are in no way representative of the organisation that the author has worked for or is working for or would be working for in the future.

Get Firefox!

:: Adam Smith's Controlled Greed ::



Swarnasrikrishnan/Male/28. Lives in India/Tamilnadu/Chennai, speaks Tamil, English, 

Malayalam, German, Hindi(??). Eye color is black. I am a god. I am also optimistic.
It's me machan:

Swarnasrikrishnan, Male, 28, India, Tamilnadu, Chennai, Tamil, English, Malayalam, German, Hindi(??)


::New Craze::


::Visual Treat ::
:: Paths Last Taken ::
::Partners in Wandering::


:: Strangers in Wandering ::


::Wanderers Stumbled Upon::


::Wanderers for India::


::Corporate Wanderers::


:: Traces left behind ::

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005