<$BlogRSDUrl$>
.............................
Straight Angle™: Aparachitudu in Tamil!
Sunday, September 11, 2005

Aparachitudu in Tamil! 

I had been thinking of watching the film Anniyan for quite sometime now..I saw that film in Telugu(Aparachitudu) when I was in Hyderabad. Though I can follow Telugu to a decent enough extent, the comedies were just above my grasp. Also, I wanted to hear the song, "Aiyengar Veetu Azhagae" and "Kumaari..en kaadhal thikki" song in Tamil. The meaning and the words in Telugu too were same- For ex, the telugu song went like "Aiyengar inte soghasa" and "Kumari, nanu prema" something....

To hear it in Tamil would be even better....but to my dismay, none of the tamil channels are interested in any song other than "Andankakka kondakkaari" and "R-E-M-O, Remo". I waited, waited and waited for some program to play that song...none...I dont understand the logic these guys use....I think compared to these two songs, the previous two are better, both in terms of music, lyrics and picturisation(save Kondakkari song)...Except for the thighs of Yana Gupta, there isn't anything extra ordinary in that "Remo" song, and yet, these TV Channels go ga-ga over that song.....anyways, when a local channel here, announced that it would be telecasting the film itself on Saturday, I was plesantly surprised!! Finished all chores(that include waking up, brushing, bathing and breakfast in that order) on time and was duly present in front of the idiot box at time...only then I knew that it was Hey Ram! in Sun TV...but I had seen that film and to say the truth, didnt quite like the way certain events were handled in the film...so settled for Anniyan!

The Film started and one of my wishes, got fulfilled...I watched the "O Kumari" song....a nice song I should say...I liked the lyrics of the song very much..This is not the first time that I hear the song..but this is the first time, I hear it with interest!!..Some of the lines go like:
  1. "Idu Prasavam paerukaalam illa karbhama?" on the burden of Love..
  2. "Kaadhalai solli illai endru maruthaal Kaadhalae saethu pogum illaya?"on unreciprocated/unrequitted Love..
But when I was to listen to the other song that I wanted to listen to, there was a sudden powercut and the song was gone!...Think I need to wait for the retelecast of the film in the same channel sometime later....

6 Comments:

Blogger Arun R said...

Sad that u dont have Radio Mirchi there.... The 2 songs are played regularly on the radio here.....

Anyways its worth buying the cassetts...

9/12/2005 2:15 AM  
Blogger DD said...

Powercuts are very prompt especially when a much awaited program plays in TV! me too had such wonderful experiences many a time :) Hey, I found the "tent kottai interval murukkae"; "jakka jaka jaalakkara" lines of 'Randakka' song very cute.

9/12/2005 7:45 AM  
Blogger Chakra said...

What a coincidence.. I too watched the movie only yesterday. I wasn't impressed!

9/12/2005 8:11 AM  
Blogger Krish said...

@Arun: Machaan!..Venda ponnula vaela paaichaathada!!..Sadly I dont have a music system too...I need to buy one..I am planning to buy a IPod..let me see!!:D

@DD:Dont speak about power cuts..."We" know that better....not only TV programs..even a Chat session can go bad coz of the power cut and we know that very well..dont we??? :)..BTW, I too liked those lines- the one line that I liked the most in that song was "Unna Naakadiyil karkandaa olichaen"- amazing analogy..had u tried it??..That feeling is just marvelous!

@Chakra: I think I am able to predict Shankar's story/screenplay very well..he is falling into a stereotype I guess!!..I wasn't too impressed when I saw the movie..thats the reason I didnt write about that in my blog, when I saw that!..but the songs, I like them!.they are good!

9/12/2005 8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

adukkula Anniyan on TV ... cool man! India rocks.

My fav song from Anniyan also happens to be Kumari. And I also like Kadhal Yaanai ... very stylish song.

9/12/2005 11:27 PM  
Blogger Krish said...

@Gayathri: This is Local channel, and that too in Mangalore...so no issues.except ofcourse for the thiruttu VCD issue...

Glad that there is one more admirer(can I say that)to that song!..Kadhal Yaanai song is stylish..I like the other two much more than this..

9/13/2005 1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Jus beenFree Counters visits
Free Counter

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

© All that is written here are the Genuine Products of the Intellect of the author and are protected by the relevant copyright acts...If you wish to quote the highness you can do so at your own risk and at risk to the integrity of the author's cerebrum.

Disclaimer:
All that is written in this blog are the personal opinions of the author and are in no way representative of the organisation that the author has worked for or is working for or would be working for in the future.

Get Firefox!

:: Adam Smith's Controlled Greed ::



Swarnasrikrishnan/Male/28. Lives in India/Tamilnadu/Chennai, speaks Tamil, English, 

Malayalam, German, Hindi(??). Eye color is black. I am a god. I am also optimistic.
It's me machan:

Swarnasrikrishnan, Male, 28, India, Tamilnadu, Chennai, Tamil, English, Malayalam, German, Hindi(??)


::New Craze::


::Visual Treat ::
:: Paths Last Taken ::
::Partners in Wandering::


:: Strangers in Wandering ::


::Wanderers Stumbled Upon::


::Wanderers for India::


::Corporate Wanderers::


:: Traces left behind ::

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005