<$BlogRSDUrl$>
.............................
Straight Angle™: Happy B'day to MY gmail.com!!
Monday, August 29, 2005

Happy B'day to MY gmail.com!! 

Wow!!!..It had been an year since, I started using- rather migrating all my mails to GMail!!...I dont remember the exact date, when I got the Gmail Invite from Hemanth...but the last mail that I have (still undeleted!!) bears the date as August 29th. So, that becomes the official birthday of my Gmail Id...Here I go, wishing my Gmail a very happy B'day!!...It holds 1110 mails at the last count and had occupied just 168MB(7%) of my 2540 MB storage space!!!..

Without any pomp n fervour, Google had been adding features to it's Gmail Service...Had you checked your Settings of late?

Now, you can select the Email Id you want the mail to be sent from...I mean, if you want your from address to appear as your Yahoo! Id, you can do that...The receiver will receive it from your Yahoo! Id, while you had actually, sent it from your Gmail Id...You can even receive your mails in your Gmail, while the receipient would have replied to your Yahoo! Id...Isn't this great...but then, the other Id should be yours!!....Try looking at your setting tab of the Gmail!! and Happy Gmailing!..This information was not out in anything than some obscure message boards!!(not Slashdot- surprisingly!).

p.s: Thanks Hemanth for the invite! He was then "Nice Guy Hemanth"...True to his name, he had been nice enough to offer me a Gmail Invite...Now, he had morphed into Instant Coffee, but still a Nice Guy only! ;-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Chakra said...

Actually this facility is there in my domain mail account and the best part is i don't need to own that mail id. In short, i can send in your name or anyone's. ;) Well.. this is not something to bash on Google or anything.. just fyi.

Gmail is something i admire and i am still not sure whether to make a full shift to GMail as my yahoo id is kinda very very popular among my relatives and friends for the last 7-8 yrs.

8/29/2005 10:50 AM  
Blogger satosphere said...

How do you do that?

Chakra - yes, that is difficult. But what I did ensure was that, all the email addresses are the same. i.e. it is xyz@yahoo.com, xyz@gmail.com, etc. So it is much easier making the shift.

8/29/2005 12:11 PM  
Blogger Cogito said...

Most email providers give you the pop fwding facility (An email sent to an acc is automatically fwded to another acct)..do u mean that ?

8/29/2005 10:35 PM  
Blogger Krish said...

@Chakra: Anna!!..Vazhaikla valayaadidaatheenga!!..;-)...You have a valid point here Chakra..it is difficult to make the shift...and I am finding people asking me why I maintain so many mail ids....But to be frank, I maintain them for specific purposes..I dont normally put out all my ids to everyone...so, when I move out, it becoems difficult...but then, anything for GMail!

@Sat:I think I had made a wrong comment!..I realised I can choose to have the reply to any id I wish, but then the sender would know to which Id he is replying to!!..U had a better mind to have the same ids through out!..I didn't and now, I am feeling the pinch!

@Cogito:I dont know about this auto forward!..To my knowledge, only Gmail provides that(for a free a/c)...but I am not talking about that!..I am talking about the facility where,U can choose ur "from" address, while U still mail from ur Gmail id only!

8/30/2005 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Jus beenFree Counters visits
Free Counter

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

© All that is written here are the Genuine Products of the Intellect of the author and are protected by the relevant copyright acts...If you wish to quote the highness you can do so at your own risk and at risk to the integrity of the author's cerebrum.

Disclaimer:
All that is written in this blog are the personal opinions of the author and are in no way representative of the organisation that the author has worked for or is working for or would be working for in the future.

Get Firefox!

:: Adam Smith's Controlled Greed ::



Swarnasrikrishnan/Male/28. Lives in India/Tamilnadu/Chennai, speaks Tamil, English, 

Malayalam, German, Hindi(??). Eye color is black. I am a god. I am also optimistic.
It's me machan:

Swarnasrikrishnan, Male, 28, India, Tamilnadu, Chennai, Tamil, English, Malayalam, German, Hindi(??)


::New Craze::


::Visual Treat ::
:: Paths Last Taken ::
::Partners in Wandering::


:: Strangers in Wandering ::


::Wanderers Stumbled Upon::


::Wanderers for India::


::Corporate Wanderers::


:: Traces left behind ::

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005