<$BlogRSDUrl$>
.............................
Straight Angle™: Getting Rotten!!
Friday, June 03, 2005

Getting Rotten!! 

It had been very long since I read a book...I think my brain and the associated mechanisms are getting rotten without a better way other than reading some stuff on the Technicalities of SAP, Oracle, Seibel, TIBCO etc. I need some nice books...
The last book that I read was "City of Djins" by William Dalrymple. A travelogue that it is, the lucid and the simple english that the author uses in the book makes it a nice read..but even that is not the serious book that I need right now. I need some book like "The Age of Paradox"..some book that can really make me crave for it...to make me sit along with it, to forget food, water and every other thing and live with it for atleast a day. I had just now downloaded the e-copy of "The Fountain Head" by Ayn Rand. I don't know how the book would be..but the problem with the e-copy is that, it can be read only with a computer in place..also I am not too sure about the copyright issues of the download....
I need a book that I can take along with me and read at my pace...I need to buy a book...well...till I was in TAPMI, books had never been a problem...all you need to do is go to the Library and you would find books to suit every moment of your mood...from Philosophy to Science, to Romance, to Society and what not...Now, I need to find such a Library...I need to find a place of book.....I need to find it fast.....else I will die of rotten brain.

6 Comments:

Blogger saranyan r said...

ask around man, someone can lend them to you. why don't u ask ur colleagues or send an email to ur group?

Fountainhead is in my to-read list for a long time.

6/03/2005 8:26 PM  
Blogger satosphere said...

C'mon, I am pretty sure that there are some libraries there. Or get a computer. Get a Broadband - and then start gaming.

6/04/2005 2:32 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

hi kiran..
nice to see you back blogging.
as you know.. i have taken up a job in bang.
wht about you?

take care.

p.s: i m in post rotten state.. after spending 4 dreadful years in IIT. lol

6/05/2005 1:50 PM  
Blogger Krish said...

@Saranyan: The crude part of the entire excercise is that I dont know for how long I would stay in HYD...May be I would have to relocate soon...that makes it all the more difficult to get it lent.
@Sat: The price they quote here for a book- Rs.4/day in lending libraries make me run for cover..I wud rather buy a book...and that made me really buy a book- The Inscrutable Americans...
@Prematura: Thanx for commenting and take care...BTW,it would be nice if u can stick to my real name and not name me further...I already have a different name...its Krish..;-)..Jus kidding...Typo error I guess...or is it???

6/05/2005 11:36 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

oops sorry.. typo error :P

6/08/2005 10:13 AM  
Blogger Krish said...

@PrematurA: Thats okay!. I was just kidding!!

6/08/2005 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Jus beenFree Counters visits
Free Counter

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

© All that is written here are the Genuine Products of the Intellect of the author and are protected by the relevant copyright acts...If you wish to quote the highness you can do so at your own risk and at risk to the integrity of the author's cerebrum.

Disclaimer:
All that is written in this blog are the personal opinions of the author and are in no way representative of the organisation that the author has worked for or is working for or would be working for in the future.

Get Firefox!

:: Adam Smith's Controlled Greed ::



Swarnasrikrishnan/Male/28. Lives in India/Tamilnadu/Chennai, speaks Tamil, English, 

Malayalam, German, Hindi(??). Eye color is black. I am a god. I am also optimistic.
It's me machan:

Swarnasrikrishnan, Male, 28, India, Tamilnadu, Chennai, Tamil, English, Malayalam, German, Hindi(??)


::New Craze::


::Visual Treat ::
:: Paths Last Taken ::
::Partners in Wandering::


:: Strangers in Wandering ::


::Wanderers Stumbled Upon::


::Wanderers for India::


::Corporate Wanderers::


:: Traces left behind ::

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005