<$BlogRSDUrl$>
.............................
Straight Angle™: I am Loving It !!!
Friday, May 20, 2005

I am Loving It !!! 

For a Google freak (with a big "F") like me, it is just getting better. Google has launched a personalized site(jus like the My Yahoo!!) page...God I don't even want to compare Google with Yahoo!...It's plain simple....plain and simple...Google never competes with Yahoo!. It’s in a completely different plane altogether. Just have a search on Yahoo! and see the results for yourselves. The difference in the feel of it, says it all. Slashdot reports the personalized service and needless to say, I had already made that my home page...It is superb...I am loving it. With options to put out my Gmail and Slashdot in the front page and also to have a preview of the last 9 posts/messages in the page, Google is rocking.
The one stuff that Google has yet to take care of is, its group’s page. With all adoration to Google, when compared with other offerings in the market (a euphemism for Yahoo! Groups pages), it is still in its infancy, when it comes to the user interface and the ease of the members and moderators to operate it. I wish Google looks into that as soon as possible.

3 Comments:

Blogger saranyan r said...

I'm gonna make it my homepage too :)

5/20/2005 2:50 PM  
Blogger Krish said...

@Arun: Thanx for the caution..even I have noticed that sometimes and I have removed alomost all the Java scripts from my page...now there are very few Java scripts(only those absolutely necessary)..BTW, iam still confused on whether Firefox crashes with Java Script!!..BTW, the reason they chose Slashdot might be more for peer review and critic before going all hog...may be they want to test it with nerds(like us!!!) first and then go open...also, they might want to give an image of "hi-tech"ness to the entire stuff...all these are probablities..there might be more too..what do ya think??
@Saranyan: Welcome to the club!!

5/22/2005 11:45 PM  
Blogger Krish said...

If ur using ur login(account) in the computer, only then it opens the personalised page. If it is in other's login, then it is not opening my page...it opens jus the normal Google page only..

5/23/2005 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Jus beenFree Counters visits
Free Counter

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

© All that is written here are the Genuine Products of the Intellect of the author and are protected by the relevant copyright acts...If you wish to quote the highness you can do so at your own risk and at risk to the integrity of the author's cerebrum.

Disclaimer:
All that is written in this blog are the personal opinions of the author and are in no way representative of the organisation that the author has worked for or is working for or would be working for in the future.

Get Firefox!

:: Adam Smith's Controlled Greed ::



Swarnasrikrishnan/Male/28. Lives in India/Tamilnadu/Chennai, speaks Tamil, English, 

Malayalam, German, Hindi(??). Eye color is black. I am a god. I am also optimistic.
It's me machan:

Swarnasrikrishnan, Male, 28, India, Tamilnadu, Chennai, Tamil, English, Malayalam, German, Hindi(??)


::New Craze::


::Visual Treat ::
:: Paths Last Taken ::
::Partners in Wandering::


:: Strangers in Wandering ::


::Wanderers Stumbled Upon::


::Wanderers for India::


::Corporate Wanderers::


:: Traces left behind ::

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005