Straight Angle™: The words of wisdom from Steven Wright
Thursday, July 15, 2004
If you're not familiar with the work of Steven Wright, he's the guy who once said:
I woke up one morning and all of my stuff had been stolen. and replaced by exact duplicates. " Here are some more of his gems:
1. I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.
2. Borrow money from pessimists - they don't expect it back.
3. Half the people you know are below average.
4. 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
5. 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
6. A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.
7. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
8. If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
9. All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand.
10. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. (Think about it some more.)
11. I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met.
12. OK, so what's the speed of dark? - How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?
13. If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
14. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
15. When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
16. Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
17. Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now.
18. I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
19. Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
20. What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
21. My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder. "
22. Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?
23. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
24. A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
25. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
26. The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread.
27. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism, to steal from many is Research.
28. The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
29. The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.
30. The colder the x-ray table, the more of your body is required to be on it.
31. Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
32. You can't have everything...where would you put it
Jus been visits
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com
Â© All that is written here are the Genuine Products of the Intellect of the author and are protected by the relevant copyright acts...If you wish to quote the highness you can do so at your own risk and at risk to the integrity of the author's cerebrum.
All that is written in this blog are the personal opinions of the author and are in no way representative of the organisation that the author has worked for or is working for or would be working for in the future.
:: Adam Smith's Controlled Greed ::
::Visual Treat ::
:: Paths Last Taken ::
::Partners in Wandering::
:: Strangers in Wandering ::
-_-Life at IMI-_-
-_-The Last Blogger-_-
-_-Toilet Seat Ideas-_-
-_-And thats what its all about...-_-
-_-The Miracle of being Second Best-_-
::Wanderers Stumbled Upon::
-_-C V Raman-_-
-_-Experiments with Life-_-
::Wanderers for India::
-_-Hewlet Packard's Blog-_-
-_-General Motor's Blog-_-
-_-Sun Microsystem's Blog-_-
-_-MSN Search Blog-_-
-_-Good News India-_-
:: Traces left behind ::