<$BlogRSDUrl$>
.............................
Straight Angle™: Disappointed with Apple Safari for Windows!
Monday, June 11, 2007

Disappointed with Apple Safari for Windows! 

When I first read about the release of Apple Safari for Windows, I was jumping in joy- It's been my wish to use it ever since I saw Safari working with Mac. I wanted to use the browser- if not for anything atleast for the user interface. The moment I was able to, I downloaded Safari and installed it. And then began my saga of trying to get to open a few pages in Safari.

The pages that I tried to open in Safari in the same order in tabs.

Apple (This is the home page)
Google.com
GMail.com

I was never able to get the Apple site open for me in the 20 Minutes that I had kept the window open. In the 20 minutes, I have downloaded, Maxthon browser, installed it and even browsed all my unread items in my Bloglines account. It is fast.

The first time I am disappointed with Apple. Hopefully, this is the last time too.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It can be zippity in some pages, but in the age of broadband, who cares?
*Ugly theme/buttons
*Ugly window buttons (minimize/maximize/restore/close)
*Clicking taskbar does not minimize it
*"You haven't entered anything in Google box" Geez, maybe I just wanted to intuitively go to Google.com
*"great" Apple UI everywhere, for example, windows only resizable via bottom right.
*Click on a .wmv, it opens in WMP. In IE7 or FF, they give choice to download or open, and FF even lets me pref to automatically download
*Lack of favicons in bookmarks bar
*RSS button unstandard. IE and FF have come to truce with this
*no autoscroll
*middle click doesn't close tabs, open tabs from bookmarks bar
*No "recently closed tabs"
*no status bar by default
*no inline spell check
*no double click tab bar to get new tab
*crashed twice already, FF crashes maybe once a week
*no adblocking
*no "google/yahoo search suggest"
*backspace doesn't go back
*edit bookmarks name/address separately, huh?

6/11/2007 8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dude,
how r u doing. this is venkat machi.

drop in ur number. shall call u sometime

6/29/2007 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dude, its me venkat.

hope u r doing fine..drop in ur number ..shall call u

6/29/2007 11:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

me too.....there isnt much to Safari now after FF and IE7; proabably it would hv been good 2 yrs ago....

meanwhile trying to post this in Safari but didnt work; had to close couple of times but still.......back to good old FF...

7/05/2007 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Jus beenFree Counters visits
Free Counter

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

© All that is written here are the Genuine Products of the Intellect of the author and are protected by the relevant copyright acts...If you wish to quote the highness you can do so at your own risk and at risk to the integrity of the author's cerebrum.

Disclaimer:
All that is written in this blog are the personal opinions of the author and are in no way representative of the organisation that the author has worked for or is working for or would be working for in the future.

Get Firefox!

:: Adam Smith's Controlled Greed ::



Swarnasrikrishnan/Male/28. Lives in India/Tamilnadu/Chennai, speaks Tamil, English, 

Malayalam, German, Hindi(??). Eye color is black. I am a god. I am also optimistic.
It's me machan:

Swarnasrikrishnan, Male, 28, India, Tamilnadu, Chennai, Tamil, English, Malayalam, German, Hindi(??)


::New Craze::


::Visual Treat ::
:: Paths Last Taken ::
::Partners in Wandering::


:: Strangers in Wandering ::


::Wanderers Stumbled Upon::


::Wanderers for India::


::Corporate Wanderers::


:: Traces left behind ::

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005