<$BlogRSDUrl$>
.............................
Straight Angle™: From Newark!
Sunday, May 06, 2007

From Newark! 

Now a days, every time I sit down to write something, I find an inexplicable reason to not proceed further. May be the lack of interest on my part is the reason for this. But, I did find a strong enough reason to blog now. It's been a week now since I landed in this country for the second time this year. The first thing to strike me was the difference this place has with Texas and Dallas in particular.

Dallas is vast, spacious, dry and hot and distinctly American or at least Un-Indian. This place is all opposite. It's cramped, wet and cold. The place that I stay in, is more Indian than most of India so to say. The first guy to speak with me after the immigration desk is an afro-american and the first question he asked me was "Taxi Chahiyae??". Earlier, I was surprised by the announcement in Hindi in the Newark International Airport- but I reasoned that it was for the Air-India passengers. But this question from that guy was enough to convince me of the "Indianness" of the place.

There were more surprises in store for me. The whole locality that I currently live in, is Indian- mostly Gujaratis. There are Subzi Mandi's, Hyderabad House, Bombay Chat, Indian Movie Theaters and behold- Saravana Bhavan. Our very own Saravana Bhavan is at walking distance from my home and I am just starting(after making this post for a sumptuous dinner there). I am sure I wouldn't have to have the "Onion" "Dosa" that I had in Dallas.

The journey to office is a story in itself. I need to take a bus, then a train and then a Metro-subway to reach office. An exciting journey in itself, as this extends just across Hudson to the Big Apple!

My office sits pretty near to the Newark Penn Station. And just peeping through the window from my seat in the 23rd Floor, I can see the Hudson curling around, I can see the distant NewYork-Manhattan skylines, the EWR airport and the flights landing and taking off. There are more to my New Jersey stay than this.

Like- the photo below!- Note the jet of water and the sea gull on top of it and also visit the album- there are tons of good ones in there!

From 2007-05-06-Ca...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chakra said...

Enjoy your stay there..

The same 'Indianness' could be attributed to many parts of London too... 2 out of 3... or at least 1.5 out of 3 ppl would be of Indian origin in London.

5/08/2007 5:40 AM  
Blogger Krish said...

@Chakra: I am bowled by your sense of accuracy[:P]..just kidding. But what you say is true..There are loads of Indians...what I observe in them in a different post...I am indeed enjoying the stay.

5/08/2007 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Jus beenFree Counters visits
Free Counter

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

© All that is written here are the Genuine Products of the Intellect of the author and are protected by the relevant copyright acts...If you wish to quote the highness you can do so at your own risk and at risk to the integrity of the author's cerebrum.

Disclaimer:
All that is written in this blog are the personal opinions of the author and are in no way representative of the organisation that the author has worked for or is working for or would be working for in the future.

Get Firefox!

:: Adam Smith's Controlled Greed ::



Swarnasrikrishnan/Male/28. Lives in India/Tamilnadu/Chennai, speaks Tamil, English, 

Malayalam, German, Hindi(??). Eye color is black. I am a god. I am also optimistic.
It's me machan:

Swarnasrikrishnan, Male, 28, India, Tamilnadu, Chennai, Tamil, English, Malayalam, German, Hindi(??)


::New Craze::


::Visual Treat ::
:: Paths Last Taken ::
::Partners in Wandering::


:: Strangers in Wandering ::


::Wanderers Stumbled Upon::


::Wanderers for India::


::Corporate Wanderers::


:: Traces left behind ::

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005