<$BlogRSDUrl$>
.............................
Straight Angle™: HBS Working Knowledge: The Leadership Workshop: Tips for Mastering E-mail Overload
Tuesday, October 26, 2004

HBS Working Knowledge: The Leadership Workshop: Tips for Mastering E-mail Overload 

HBS Working Knowledge: The Leadership Workshop: Tips for Mastering E-mail Overload
A nice article and a suggestion set for better Email etiquette. The suggestions given are pratical and would go a long way in atleast making some real sense in this age of information overload. On introspecting further, it is apparent that we get loaded with numerous mails everyday that need not necessarily be of any use to us, but merely to keep it going... can this too be called Spam. I have a bunch of friends, who keep sending Good-Morning mails...imagine a mail with nothing but pictures of some kid with a flower telling Good Morning....I personally feel this sort of mail is unnecessary and can be considered spamming, but then these are mails from my friends, and I cant classify them as spamsters. How can I possibly tell them not to send a harmless greeting card, as a token of friendship and affection. I value their friendship, but does that mean that I need to take on silly mails daily. I keep getting these sort of mails atleast five in a day and now-a-days, without even opening them, I know what would be in there for me.. I dont like this, but I cant tell them even, least they would take it as an offence,that I am insensitive to them.. this is all the more important because, we dont see physically each other and all our correspondence is through e-mails. I also feel that the basic purpose of email has lost its significance with the advent of these sort of mails and the spams..well the spams(real) are an altogether different issue. There are mails luring me to increase my size to attract women, to mails that shout from the roof top that their bank gives me home loan for virtually free, and wit a little bargain I can even get some money from the bank to take a loan...a credit card that would give me freedom to use it anywhere in the world...heck..i havent crossed further north of Mumbai... a south american or an african lady with huge wealth asking my favour to transfer her father's money to her name, and luring me to riches I can only see in Pictures of erstwhile Vittalachaariya.....Free from Spam has been the main reason for me to go for my second yahoo id in as many years...but god(rather the omnipotent spamster with the help of Bill Gates- with his wonderful software) has been less than kind...The Best Indian Business School Blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Jus beenFree Counters visits
Free Counter

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

© All that is written here are the Genuine Products of the Intellect of the author and are protected by the relevant copyright acts...If you wish to quote the highness you can do so at your own risk and at risk to the integrity of the author's cerebrum.

Disclaimer:
All that is written in this blog are the personal opinions of the author and are in no way representative of the organisation that the author has worked for or is working for or would be working for in the future.

Get Firefox!

:: Adam Smith's Controlled Greed ::



Swarnasrikrishnan/Male/28. Lives in India/Tamilnadu/Chennai, speaks Tamil, English, 

Malayalam, German, Hindi(??). Eye color is black. I am a god. I am also optimistic.
It's me machan:

Swarnasrikrishnan, Male, 28, India, Tamilnadu, Chennai, Tamil, English, Malayalam, German, Hindi(??)


::New Craze::


::Visual Treat ::
:: Paths Last Taken ::
::Partners in Wandering::


:: Strangers in Wandering ::


::Wanderers Stumbled Upon::


::Wanderers for India::


::Corporate Wanderers::


:: Traces left behind ::

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005