<$BlogRSDUrl$>
.............................
Straight Angle™: AJAX'd
Thursday, September 29, 2005

AJAX'd 

This is a test post that I am trying from the AJAX'd word processor. This seems to be cool. I had already used a collaborative software, where people can edit a document real time, but that was a properitory software and required license. I guess that was from the Microsoft!..I forgot the name though. It had been long time, since I used anything so refershing and so innovative. This application seems to be working great!

AJAX- or Asynchronous Javascript and XML is a revolutionary concept that is powering the Internet,(Yeah, it powers your GMail too)...This architecture, makes it possible to work in the Internet, as if you are working on your desktop. Most of the Web 2.0 applications that are creating so much buzz around the net is built on this AJAX architecture!

Though this seems to be slow than directly posting from Blogger, I guess, if the blog is a collaborative blog, where the entire post is being edited and vetted by more than a single individual, then this makes enourmous sense. Anyway, the technology part of it, enthuses me to no end. I simly love this interface. I am posting this from a site called, Writely . I am having some problems with HTML tagging my links and some other aligning issues to do with the HTML Coding part of it. But I guess, I will be able to edit them from my blogger account. But, if I need to log into my blogger account to edit a post I made from this site, then why do I need this site atall. I would rather get into my blogger to make the post.
The use of such a service would be clear only with a multi user environment and a single user would not find the advantages of such a system, immediately.
Update: I was unable to post from that site, till the end- ie till my patience ran out!..It kept giving me an error message as "Closing Tag for "p" or "div" or is missing"...I think, these guys should seriously make an attempt to clear this goofup.. Infact, I had closed all the possible HTML Tags there and still was getting the same message. I even tried removing the tag. but no use.
~The entire concept via Slashdot

9 Comments:

Blogger devendersarangdevot said...

kool

9/29/2005 3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm one of the writley guys.

Sorry for the hassle, and thanks for trying us. The issue is on the blogger side - it's really picky with what it will accept from outside, and it's hard to understand the (undocumented) rules.

We're trying hard to get them working, and are going to shortly release support for other blogging services (typepad, livejournal, etc).

FWIW, we don't see the tool as simply being useful for blogging, we also see lots of folks doing collaborative writing on it, using it to directly post pages, or even just keeping things in it that they want to be able to find and edit from multiple machines.

Sam

9/29/2005 7:17 PM  
Blogger Krish said...

@devendersarandevot: :O...how do you pronounce that name of yours?..thanks for visiting!:)

@Sam: Yeah!..May be blogger needs to do something about this!..But I found no issues when I posted from Flickr, photobucket(even with text in the post)..May be u gotta check that again!!..As I see it, there isnt much difference, between this and Yahoo briefcase- when it comes to multi machine operability. But multi user- yeah, there is definitely some use in that..with Version control options, it needs to be better!

9/30/2005 2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/NewsArticle.aspx?type=internetNews&storyID=2005-09-29T040923Z_01_MCC914975_RTRIDST_0_OUKIN-UK-GOOGLE-OFFICE.XML

9/30/2005 4:48 AM  
Blogger GS said...

does the update mean you didnt post it from Writely? Were you successful or not?

BTW, looks like even Anon people like to help you out in glorifying google :)

9/30/2005 5:27 AM  
Blogger satosphere said...

While the Gmail (and google maps) interface seems quite cool, and user friendly, there are still a few kinks to be worked out.
Accidental clicks, key presses etc also cause problems (you may have heard of entire posts disappearing due to accidental key presses.

I am actually waiting for yahoo mail to become AJAXed.

I would still prefer applications to be where I want it to be, to have a semblance of a control, and rather not have a browser take control of my computer.

9/30/2005 6:17 PM  
Blogger Krish said...

@Anonymous: Thanks for the link...I had seen it...its amazing!...To have a million sq feet complex for its office...I am thinking of their ramping up plans!...mind blowing!

@Gayathri:I wasn't succesful. I was unable to make the post from Writely. I posted it from Blogger only..Yeah!... Google is GOD!:P..no wonder in Anons supporting Google...;)

@Sat:Yeah...true I had seen it..infact I had experienced it too..a 3 mb attachment being sent the moment I clicked the send button accidently!..That was amazing...Imagine a 3 Mb file being attached n sent in a jiffy!..man! this is too awesome!..I dont see it as a browser taking control of ur computer!..Isnt it an illusion?..the only difference is that in AJAX, u have an AJAX server taking control, rather than a central server...I dont see any further difference in it!

10/01/2005 12:44 AM  
Blogger Srihari SN said...

Hi Krish,

Anon was me - yes it is mindblowing

Hari

10/04/2005 6:20 AM  
Blogger Krish said...

Hi Hari(ananymous Hari:))
Not an issue...that link was pretty good info man!..n I had been thinking about that for quite sometime now!.its truly, a marvelous thing n there are already problems cropping up...will have to wait n watch!

10/04/2005 7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Jus beenFree Counters visits
Free Counter

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

© All that is written here are the Genuine Products of the Intellect of the author and are protected by the relevant copyright acts...If you wish to quote the highness you can do so at your own risk and at risk to the integrity of the author's cerebrum.

Disclaimer:
All that is written in this blog are the personal opinions of the author and are in no way representative of the organisation that the author has worked for or is working for or would be working for in the future.

Get Firefox!

:: Adam Smith's Controlled Greed ::



Swarnasrikrishnan/Male/28. Lives in India/Tamilnadu/Chennai, speaks Tamil, English, 

Malayalam, German, Hindi(??). Eye color is black. I am a god. I am also optimistic.
It's me machan:

Swarnasrikrishnan, Male, 28, India, Tamilnadu, Chennai, Tamil, English, Malayalam, German, Hindi(??)


::New Craze::


::Visual Treat ::
:: Paths Last Taken ::
::Partners in Wandering::


:: Strangers in Wandering ::


::Wanderers Stumbled Upon::


::Wanderers for India::


::Corporate Wanderers::


:: Traces left behind ::

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005