<$BlogRSDUrl$>
.............................
Straight Angle™: A bit of Political Science and Management!!
Monday, February 07, 2005

A bit of Political Science and Management!! 

I have subscribed to some groups and I keep getting some very interesting topics...One such that I received some days ago was "Has Democracy been reduced to a Marketing tool?". A nice thought provoking question...thinking of it, I personally dont beleive Democracy is anything alien to India....not atleast to South...there are numerous instances of ancient tamil literature speaking of some sort of functioning Democracy...ofcourse my Professor, Mr.Shekar wouldnt agree to this (He is of the opinion that, even Thiruvalluvar hasn't mentioned anything about Democractic Governance)..but I think there was atleast one mention in "Puranaanooru" where, it speaks of "Iaimperum Kuzhu"...where in there are five people who get elected to govern....Though the election isn't exactly as practised now, it was more close to Democracy than anything that was done anywhere in the world at that time....
Coming back to the topic, "Democracy is a form of government that substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few" a quote by George Bernardshah, was put forth by Ravages though might to true in certain contexts, it is one of the disadvantages of the more better governance system...agreed there are certain very obvious flaws in Democracy as we follow today, but is the better system than others...So, if America goes butchering Iraq or Afghanistan, in the name of saving people from Tyranny, would it be acceptable???....though the reason given for the war is Democracy, what America did was completely against Democractic Principles....
Of late I think I have writers block....Even now, I don't exactly know what to write....I am just typing what comes to my mind...I am unable to put my points cohesively....nor do I have a flow...Think had to stay away from blogging for sometime( may be a couple of days....)..Let me see, if I can do that...
Actually, the first thing I do everyday immediately getting from bed is to sit infront of the computer, go through the issue of "The Hindu", along with that day's blogroll...I dont really know whether I can stay away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Jus beenFree Counters visits
Free Counter

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

© All that is written here are the Genuine Products of the Intellect of the author and are protected by the relevant copyright acts...If you wish to quote the highness you can do so at your own risk and at risk to the integrity of the author's cerebrum.

Disclaimer:
All that is written in this blog are the personal opinions of the author and are in no way representative of the organisation that the author has worked for or is working for or would be working for in the future.

Get Firefox!

:: Adam Smith's Controlled Greed ::



Swarnasrikrishnan/Male/28. Lives in India/Tamilnadu/Chennai, speaks Tamil, English, 

Malayalam, German, Hindi(??). Eye color is black. I am a god. I am also optimistic.
It's me machan:

Swarnasrikrishnan, Male, 28, India, Tamilnadu, Chennai, Tamil, English, Malayalam, German, Hindi(??)


::New Craze::


::Visual Treat ::
:: Paths Last Taken ::
::Partners in Wandering::


:: Strangers in Wandering ::


::Wanderers Stumbled Upon::


::Wanderers for India::


::Corporate Wanderers::


:: Traces left behind ::

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005