<$BlogRSDUrl$>
.............................
Straight Angle™: Syndrome!
Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Syndrome! 

Well, I know many of us say Xerox for photocoying. Infact, I never knew such a word photocopying existed, till some five years back. It had always been Xerox for me. I still use the word Xerox for photocopying. I know there are many more who use the word to mean the action. That was in the Yester-years.

So, what is becoming Generic like that, today?

Search - Google:
Here, offlate, I had seen that I use the word Google more to mean Search than anything. I had seen many people say, I googled for "X"...I googled for "Y"....etc. But, that is restricted to searching for something online. I wonder, will that extrapolate to the offline world too?

Search and Buy - Amazon:
I am increasingly reading notes, that say to "I wud have amazoned", to mean that he/she would have searched for it in net and bought it!!

These are the two words that I had come across..but if given a chance, I would add,

Gmailed it- to mean Email!
Bloggered it - to mean blogged!
Flickered it- to mean had posted some photos online!
delicioused it- to mean had bookmarked it online!
consumed it- to mean that I had read a book!
"Orkut"ing- Networking.
Yahoo'ing- Chatting.

Any more pointers from you?

7 Comments:

Blogger Devilish Angel said...

Thinking about it...

12/07/2005 2:52 AM  
Blogger Krish said...

@Vanathi:Thanks for it...do share your thoughts here!:)

12/07/2005 8:14 AM  
Blogger Chakra said...

Think Googled is the only term in your list, I use.

Though I am able to relate to the rest, think I am not obsessed with the rest that much.. dont know whether it is an indication of me lagging behind in the "kaala chakkaram".

12/07/2005 2:22 PM  
Blogger DD said...

this reminds me of "uppu endraal Kristal" advertisement and the a few jokes that followed that ad! :)

12/07/2005 10:43 PM  
Blogger Krish said...

@Chakra:Chakra lagging behind in Kaala "Chakram":O...nice play of words!:)..but frankly, me too not obsessed..but there are more than enough indicators that, these services are defining the way their particular industry verticals operate..their influence on the way similar firms operate is tremendous..thats what made me coin those words!:)

@DD: Yeah..you remember that ad!..that was a nice piece of ad..really I too remember the jokes that sprung up around it!;)

12/07/2005 11:19 PM  
Blogger Kaps said...

I dunno how apt the following examples are -
People started using Bisleri as a substitute for water / mineral water.
Walkman was a sony product....but it was used in a generic context meaning a portable cassette player.
i think the same will happen to iPOD as well.
People say "I'll Fedex it" instead of saying I'll courier it.

12/12/2005 5:01 AM  
Blogger Krish said...

@Kaps: They are perfectly apt man! n I only marvel at the way these companies had identified a need and given a product that is both revolutionary and innovative.

12/13/2005 4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Jus beenFree Counters visits
Free Counter

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com

© All that is written here are the Genuine Products of the Intellect of the author and are protected by the relevant copyright acts...If you wish to quote the highness you can do so at your own risk and at risk to the integrity of the author's cerebrum.

Disclaimer:
All that is written in this blog are the personal opinions of the author and are in no way representative of the organisation that the author has worked for or is working for or would be working for in the future.

Get Firefox!

:: Adam Smith's Controlled Greed ::



Swarnasrikrishnan/Male/28. Lives in India/Tamilnadu/Chennai, speaks Tamil, English, 

Malayalam, German, Hindi(??). Eye color is black. I am a god. I am also optimistic.
It's me machan:

Swarnasrikrishnan, Male, 28, India, Tamilnadu, Chennai, Tamil, English, Malayalam, German, Hindi(??)


::New Craze::


::Visual Treat ::
:: Paths Last Taken ::
::Partners in Wandering::


:: Strangers in Wandering ::


::Wanderers Stumbled Upon::


::Wanderers for India::


::Corporate Wanderers::


:: Traces left behind ::

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005